Review: Sun Sense, Body Oil, Dry Shampoo, Beat the Blues and Emite Make-Up

Hello, hello, hello!

Today's post is going to be slightly different and a lot longer than the posts you're used to! Here's why: we're getting closer to the wonderful countdown to Christmas, and I hopefully have a lot of goodies coming my way for you over December! I have a lot of products I want to get reviewing for you all in time for the big countdown to begin, so instead of splitting my little beauty boxes in half for my blog posts, I'm going to be reviewing ALL of the products in one post. So prepare for some very busy, much longer posts and a lot of products to keep your eyes peeled for! (I hope this gives you some kind of inspiration for writing your Christmas lists, also!)

So lets crack on!

Monuspa's Warming Ginger Massage and Body Oil
£26.00 for 100ml from http://www.monushop.co.uk/


I'm going to be honest when I say, I really didn't enjoy the smell of this product. Personally, for me, the smell of ginger is a little too strong and it's not something I'd particularly want on my skin. I can, however, say that the product did feel amazing on my skin, it did have a warming effect and I can only imagine how incredible this oil would feel during a proper body massage.

This product is "guaranteed to restore elasticity and suppleness, ensuring that skin feels thoroughly nourished and pampered". Perfect! Not only does this product feel beautiful and warm on your skin, it also has some really wonderful benefits for your skin too!

Now, you may have noticed from the photo that this product contains jojoba oil. Being into Mac products and having done some research in the past on them, and of course, jojoba oil rings a bell. Jojoba oil is a natural oil which helps to restore hydration and nourish your skin naturally. It's also packed with antioxidants, helping rid your skin of all of it's rubbish.

Sunsense's Daily Face SPF 50+ Invisible Tint Finish
£20.99 for 75ml or £39.99 for 200ml from http://www.sunsense.co.uk/sunsense-range.aspx


Lets ignore the little disaster I immediately had once I'd opened the bottle! I only wanted a little splodge on my hand to see the colour of it - oops. As you can see, the colour is only very slightly tinted, and in fact, once blended into your skin, it really is invisible.


As you can see from the bottle this product has an SPF of 50+ and to sum it up very quickly, it is a sun screen for your face, just with a little invisible tint and some skin benefits to it!

It is an fragrance free product, meaning it's suitable for sensitive skin, and also an oil free product, which means it is ideal for anyone with an oily or combination skin type. This means your skin won't become overly oily and you won't have any break-outs - hoorah! It's a little late in the year for me to be reviewing sun screen but hey, here we are. If you're going on a holiday anywhere, this may just be what you're looking for with it's added Vitamin E niacinamide, which will help to improve your skin texture and tone.

TRESemmé's Instant Refresh Dry Shampoo
£5.25 for 200ml from http://www.boots.com/


Whenever I've been in desperate need and used dry shampoo, I can't say Tresemmé has ever been my first choice. So when I received this product, I figured I owed it a chance. I wasn't overly impressed, neither was I disappointed.

One thing I did love about this product is - NO WHITE HAIR. Yeah, you heard it. It didn't leave me with that white, powdery, "obviously has dry shampoo in her hair" look! It was fabulous. However, unfortunately I didn't find it AS good as the "obviously has dry shampoo in her hair" dry shampoo I usually use: Basiste.

However, this dry shampoo does have benefits for those with normal to oily hair - interesting! Not a fair shout for me to review this area, as I actually think I have fairly dry hair, so I'll leave this part blank. It does claim to help absorb oil and revive hair though! So go ahead, try it out for yourself, and let me know what you think of it!

Emite Make-Up's Lip Brush
(around) £17.00 from http://www.emitemakeup.com/

 I don't want you to hold me to that price too much, mainly because the website actually isn't in English and I can't seem to find a store in the UK that sells this product, however, roughly the price should be around £17.00 for the brush alone, not including postage and packaging.


I adore this brush. Really, there isn't a lot I can say about make-up brushes. It serves it's purpose, and I don't feel there's a lot else to say. This brush is incredible soft, and it's so beautiful to touch. For me, that's always the first thing I notice - at the end of the day, why would I want a rough brush on mine or a client's face that could hurt or feel uncomfortable? You just wouldn't!



The shape of this brush really allows you to follow the natural shape of your lip perfectly, and it really moulds itself onto the shape of your lips, which is so beautiful. As any good make-up lip brush, it will help to give a beautifully, flawless even coverage of any lip product you use it for. I adore it, so thank you very much, Emite Make-up!

MeMeMe's Beat The Blues Illuminator and Highlighter
£5.50 for 12ml from http://www.mememecosmetics.com/



Do not be fooled, it is not a nail varnish. Genuinely - I thought it was until I read the card that told me otherwise! For a long time now, I've been trying to find a decent highlighter - and I've struggled immensely. However, this little highlighter wasn't all that bad. While, it's probably not the best out there, and it certainly - for me - isn't enough for contouring, I do find it brightens my face up just that little bit!


I don't know if you can tell from the above two photos, but it's a little before and after. To be honest, there wasn't a massive change, however the biggest change I could see was more around my eyes and at the tops of my cheeks. They made me just look that little bit more awake and fresh faced! It was a nice difference, however they didn't really do what I'd hoped which was to enhance my cheeks bones, but the overall brightening effect - which really is it's main purpose - was lovely! It's also that tiny bit shimmery, so that's pretty too!

Overall this little beauty box was a nice change from the others, quite a few different products and it was fun to test them all out. I hope you've enjoyed reading. If you'd like to contact me and talk more about any products mentioned, let me know your opinions or just want a chat about anything beauty-related (or not), don't hesitate to get in touch!

Twitter: @EmilyJeanGC